Call for Board Nominations
OCO is sad to announce that our current treasurer and board member for many years, John Devlin, will be leaving us this year. We are also losing our board secretary and excellent events planner, Lauren Stallard. We thank them both for their incredible contributions. Board members Jonathan Ferguson and Matthew Budd have also stepped down.
Therefore, in 2017, we have four (4) positions open for election from any of the following categories:
- two (2) at-large positions,
- two (2) certified organic producer representative,
- one (1) certified value chain representative (processor, handler, marketer, retailer etc.).
This year, the Board of Directors is looking for individuals with the following qualifications, expertise and experience:
- Non-Profit Finances (Accounting, Strategy)
- Legal Expertise and Government Relations
- Fundraising/Events Planning
- Marketing and Promotions
- Knowledge of Climate Change and Agriculture
- Website, Online Directory, Membership Management Tools
- Knowledge of Organic Transition and Certification Challenges
- Non-profit Management and Governance
- Previous board experience
Nominations will be presented to the membership, and the Board of Directors will be elected at our AGM: Mar. 31st, at Innovation Guelph. Please join us!