Celebrate Organic Week with us from September 20th to 28th 2014!
This year marks the 5th anniversary of Canada’s National Organic Week. From September 20th to 28th the largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products will be held across the country. Don’t miss this opportunity to get involved!
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate the organic sector in Canada. Did you know that the total value of the organic market has tripled since 2006? Nearly 60% of Canadians buy organic products every week and 98% said that they planned to increase or maintain their current purchases of organic food in the year to come! Organic food is great tasting and nutritious; it reduces our exposure to pesticides and GMOs; it’s produced and certified to meet national organic standards; it’s healthy for soil, plants and animals and reduces our carbon footprint. People choose organic because they think before they eat!
Host your own events
We encourage you to organize your own Organic Week events! Last year, more than 150 events showcased the benefits of organics and their positive impact on the environment and communities. If you are committed to the promotion of certified organic food and products, don’t miss this opportunity to get involved!
There are many ways to celebrate Organic Week and you’ll find lots of inspiring ideas here to help you start planning your event.
You are a producer, a gardener, a retailer, a school or community group or a chef? Take a look at our inspirational posters to get ideas specifically for your group!
Retail Partners Testimonials
Here is what a couple of our regular Retail Partners have to say about their celebrations:
The Big Carrot (http://www.thebigcarrot.ca), Toronto, ON
“Organic Week is a great opportunity to pull out all the stops and celebrate our organic growers and the many benefits of organic agriculture! We host free film screenings and lectures on pressing food system issues, we feature exclusively organic product demos, deals and free draws. The fun doesn’t just stop at the store; we even plan our farms tours to coincide with Organic Week. The many values of organic become the focus of our in-store flyer, newspaper ads and social media. The real highlight of organic week is always our Harvest Picnic in the courtyard of the Carrot Common where growers and eaters come together. We are grateful to the many producers who participate in this celebration every year. Organic week is about inspiration and education and we all benefit from it!”
The Gentle Rain (http://www.thegentlerain.ca/), Stratford, ON
“In our first year of participating, we first organized in-store training with our staff to be sure they understood what ‘organic’ meant. Every year, we install dangler shelf-talkers to identify organic products and also provide customers with take-home information on organics. We have gift basket giveaways where we pair up fun organic products for draws, for example; bacon & eggs; maple syrup & pancake mix; etc. We also have a variety of organic products on sale for the week and we make sure that customers are aware of the celebrations by using our social media and our website. In 2013, we went the extra mile and decided to combine Organic Week with Non-GMO Month to turn it into a double celebration with lots of information available for customers!”
Organic Week 2014 is promising to be the biggest one yet and we hope you will join us! Contact us here (http://organicweek.ca/contact/) if you want more information.
And don’t forget…
Follow Organic Week on Twitter: @organicweek / #organicweek
Like Organic Week on Facebook: www.facebook.com/organicweek
Social Media Content
- Like #OrganicWeek‘s facebook page to stay in touch as more and more details will unfold! https://www.facebook.com/organicweek
- [Insert your organization’s name] is already gearing up for #OrganicWeek! Have you visited Organic Week’s website yet? http://organicweek.ca/
- Save the Dates! #OrganicWeek 2014 is promising to be the biggest one yet. Celebrate with us from Sept. 20-28! http://organicweek.ca/
- Visit #OrganicWeek website to learn more about our 2014 edition! http://organicweek.ca/
- Have you started to brainstorm events ideas for #organicweek yet? Get some inspiration here: http://organicweek.ca/about/
- Have you registered your #organicweek 2014 event yet? Sign up for free today! http://organicweek.ca/register-event/
- Let us know about your #organicweek event so we can spread the word! http://organicweek.ca/register-event/
- Become an official #OrganicWeek Retail Partner to get promotional material to promote your #organic products! http://organicweek.ca/retail-partner/
- Celebrate #organicweek 2014 as an official retail partner! http://organicweek.ca/retail-partner/
- Go like #OrganicWeek’s facebook page to stay tuned! https://www.facebook.com/organicweek?fref=ts
- Follow #OrganicWeek on twitter for lots of info about #organic and why we want to celebrate! https://twitter.com/organicweek
- Make sure to use #organicweek in your tweets and posts! Celebrate with us!
Social Media Contest
We are once again hosting a social media contest for Organic Week and we would like to team up with our partners to promote together. We urge you to join the excitement and utilize your channels to engage participation. With the great success last year, we will have a “Spot the Logo” contest – submit a picture of the Canada Organic seal and tag #SpotCanadaOrganic for a chance to win a healthy organic gift basket. We will also advertise the contest through select advertisers such as NOW Toronto and Globe & Mail. More information on the coordinated social media contest will follow soon! If you haven’t gotten a chance to follow Organic Week on social media, look for us @OrganicWeek and https://www.facebook.com/organicweek.
For information about our past Organic Week events please click on the following images: